My quality of life has significantly raised since I began to sleep well at night. Follow these tips if you have difficulty sleeping. My seven sleeping tips will help to give insomniacs a new lease of life, re-energizing body, soul and mind. Listen to the Relaxation Music video below while reading.
Tips to Help Beat Insomnia
1. Exposure to light suppresses the production of melatonin, a hormone that is reputed to keep some people awake. Ensure you sleep in a dark room. Never use mobile phones, tablets or televisions within the confines of the bedroom. If you must have access to your cell phone during the night, ensure the mobile is set on silent mode and placed at the other end of the bedroom. Fitting blackout curtains helps many to get a good eight hours sleep.
2. Plan ahead to ensure you get eight hours sleep. Create a bedtime routine and stick to it. We all have a daytime program, but many fail to develop a night time routine.
3. Bedroom temperature affects sleep quality. There is a definite link between REM sleep and room temperature. Your bedroom should be between 62 and 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Some people choose to sleep in a cooler room, adding more bed-covers if necessary. This enables you or your partner to select a preferred temperature without affecting overall room temperature.
4. Avoid caffeine after two in the afternoon. Do not eat spicy food late at night. Module 4 ( That’s not Food) has more information on diet and sleep.
5. Read before you sleep. Reading a few verses from the Bible, a chapter from a good story or a couple of pages of an autobiography aids sleep. Avoid stimulating reading.
6. White noise encourages sleep. Listen to the sound of rainfall, nature or rolling waves to help you to relax.
7. Train your mind and body to associate bed with sleep. Get out of bed and read if you cannot rest. Listen to some soothing music in another room if you wake during the night.
Follow these seven steps to help you sleep well at night. Sleeping rejuvenates body, mind, and soul. A good nights sleep rids the brain of toxins, leaving you with a clear head. People who get a good nights rest have more energy the following day, allowing them to function more efficiently.